Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

12.4.12

D at the National Portrait Gallery

I spent the weekend in Canberra with the family and was lucky enough to visit the National Portrait Gallery.
The National Portrait Gallery aims to increase the understanding of the Australian people – their identity, history, creativity and culture – through portraiture... displays some 400 portraits of people who have shaped Australia and who continue to shape our nation.
It's a stunning and fantastically diverse collection that I highly recommended you visit if you get the chance, and great to get away from the computer screen to create and enjoy art. Our departure was only triggered when my wife, a practising artist and herself a talented portrait painter, started getting that crazy 'inspiration overload' look in her eyes...
"... must... get... out... and ... paint... before... I... EXPLODE!"
An interesting highlight of the visit, was that they provided some live music in the foyer and a selection of drawing tools and media for you to create some portraiture of your own. Check out what my daughter, her friend and myself got up to...

My efforts to depict the 'talent' in the foyer...

 
 The girls; My daughter (left) and friend, both who had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment