Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

13.6.12

2 Things That Were Great!

I just finished two things that have suffered a lot of media discontent recently, a video game called Mass Effect 3 and Alien Prequel Promethus. No reviews or advice follow...


The Mass Effect Series is just simply one of the best franchises in video gaming history (certainly for me) I loved all 3 episodes. There's been a lot of talk about how much of a crime the finale was and quite frankly I just don't get the hate... I'll have to double back over a lot of spoilerific reviews I avoided for the last 3 months. Play it, play them all, it's art, it's genius it transends video gaming. Femshep for the win!

As for Prometheus... I don't think I've seen a good review for this yet, but I thought it was great! It is not without a few issues and (mostly minor) plot holes  and I'm not sure how it fits into the series (Aliens is one of my all time favourite movies) but I enjoyed it a lot. It keeps a lot of the formula of the great Alien movies but it also does it's own thing and well worth a big screen experience.

One of the more minor 'holes' is nicely and amusingly summed up here in this 'spoiler' comic on Penny Arcade!

Decide for yourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment