Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

10.5.12

D's L's Invite

It's my daughter's 7th Birthday soon and she has a 'monster' party planned... I had great visions of creating a stunning invitation with some fun characters in picture frames, like a wall of photos from the Adam's family and thus set about playing around with a few sketches...

However... My daughter, budding artist that she is, saw my initial drawings and decided to do her own... The results were frankly quite spectacular...
Looking forward to doing this little project myself I initially had ideas of weaseling my way back into the role, but after watching her carry that sketchbook around all day, churning out one amazing monster after another; my black heart melted and I instead was content to take a back seat...
We scanned her images in, set her up with Photoshop... And except for a few minor tweaks, the entire menagerie below is all her work!

Note the Zombie (top left) with dismembered limbs and flies and 'smell lines' on the large Zombie (middle right). My favourite is the grey creature (top row third from the left) which was the only one I couldn't immediately identify. When questioned, she informed me sagely that it was a 'mutant koala'.

I could practically weep with pride...

No comments:

Post a Comment