Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

29.11.11

The Best Comic Movies... Almost.


Hi comic fans... whew... I was really angry when I started writing this and using the word FUCK a lot... But as I started writing I realised that this is actually a pretty good list... A sound mathematicaly fair process to rank films based on comics on Dark Horizons

Leading up to Surrogates, it's pretty much the predictable faecal insult to comicdom I would expect (though I didn't mind the last two Punisher movies) and after that, it's pretty close to what I would say is an acceptable if slightly spotty chart... But this is MY BLOG as as I'm the only one reading it so I'm gonna share my 2 cents(with myself)... And  I do have a few issues...

  • I DON'T understand how Xmen Last Stand made it above Catwoman (truly one the worst comic adaptations ever).
  • I think either Hulk's beating 300 is a little odd...
  • Superman Returns? I don't know anyone but ME that liked that film (and I didn't like it much).
  • Watchmen should be at the top as far as I'm concerned but I DO understand why it may not have been received as well as other films*
  • American Splendor, Ghost World? All good but numbers 3 and 4- pffft!
  • And don't get me started about all you raving fan-boys and the goddamn The Dark Knight, it was good and Heath was amazing and YES, I know my wife and I are the only people who agree BUT but it was poorly edited (even non sensibly in parts) Batman was bland and Two Face's 'turn' was out of the blue. It WAS NOT the film you all thought it was... 
*because you're an idiot

But, it is an interesting list... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment